Re: on the topic of GC.

Dirk Herrmann <dirk@ida.ing.tu-bs.de> writes:

> Thus, to me it seems that code that is designed for precise gc is
> more portable across different garbage collecting strategies.

The problem is that the current code is *not* designed for precise
GC. And as several EMACS programmers stated publically, there is
nothing more painful and bug-prone than redesigning a working code to
protect the stack objects (it's also almost impossible to test,
leading to the trail of bugs miles - and years - long).

Additionally, the libraries outside Guile proper would have to be
modified for precise GC. Personally, I'd rather port my code back to
SCM.

--
How to eff the ineffable?