This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Guile project.
Re: About modules
- To: Marius Vollmer <mvo at zagadka dot ping dot de>
- Subject: Re: About modules
- From: Michael Livshin <mlivshin at bigfoot dot com>
- Date: 23 Feb 2000 11:53:35 +0200
- Cc: Greg Troxel <gdt at fnord dot ir dot bbn dot com>, guile at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Organization: who? me?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Marius Vollmer <email@example.com> writes:
> we shouldn't need to talk about the concept of
> instantiable and parameterizable `units' that MzScheme has. In my
> view, the issues addressed by units can be solved nicely with a
> combination of GOOPS and name spaces. In effect, units have some of
> the characteristics of an object system, but we already have something
> better (GOOPS) which can be used instead.
yes, yes, and yes (oh, and yes). echoes my thoughts, except you are
so much more coherent...
one thing I'd like to propose: what about getting the environments and
GOOPS into the core Guile? like, now. like, in a branch or
something. it'll make the thinking/experimentation/playing vastly
easier for many people.
I'm hereby volunteering to try, unless any of the Powerful Ones
I should be able to start looking at it this weekend. Jost, Mikael:
mail me any helpful suggestions you might have.
--mike, feeling like he nudges people again.
C program run -- Run program run -- Run, C program, Run! -- (please)