Re: A module system should resolve, not introduce, name conflicts

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:

> My position is that the idea of mixing forms of the module
> configuration language with the bindings it's supposed to manage is
> flawed.  Using Marius' terminology it's even more clear: The name
> space manager should not contaminate the name space.

which of the two things below do you mean?

1.  it is desirable to have the ability to conceal the name management
    functions from code that doesn't need them.

2.  name management should be a separate language from Scheme and
    never shall the two meet (this looks like a citation.  where is it
    from?).

2 is not the only way to get 1.

--mike

--
Well, I wish you'd just tell me rather than trying to engage my enthusiasm,
because I haven't got one.