Re: Regarding recent void * change

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:

> Are you sure you know what you're doing?
>
> Note that we'll now have lvalues which are void *.  Is it always safe
> to store an arbitrary integer in such a location?

It doesn't matter since the change can be compiled-away with VOIDP_TEST
(which should be SCM_VOIDP_TEST, but that's easy to fix).  We could
easily have an autoconf test that turns off the checking if we're on a
"weird for this purpose" architecture.

I should test the compiling-away of the change, but we know the approach
will work.

<snip>

Greg