Re: Emacs with Guile

>>> Klaus Schilling <Klaus.Schilling@munich.netsurf.de> 13-Mar-00
10:53:12 AM >>>

> > This is a rather ambitious project, in that none of the Emacs C
code
> > is re-used - it is all written in Java, using the Swing toolkit.
> >

>So it can't be used on a text console? would there be a way to
achieve
>that with Kawa?

That would be rather difficult for Java because (as far as I know)
there is no curses implementation (or anything similar) for Java.

However, it could be done by building a Java library around some
native C implementation, perhaps even the Emacs code.

FWIW I think that moving Guile into Emacs is a brilliant idea. It
would be great if we could get Kawa and Guile closer together but as
Per has pointed out to me big ideas are easy to put into emails.

Nic