Re: Emacs with Guile

Friedrich Dominicus <Friedrich.Dominicus@inka.de> writes:

> Can someone give me a hint why one will like taking Guile then?
>
> I'm in now way against Guile, just it seemed that Guile and other
> Schemes are inventing what was in Common Lisp before. Why do you think
> that is necessary?
>
> Ok I can imagine some points, like better information hiding etc. but a
> lot of discussion seems to me as if all things should be re-developed. I
> just wonder why?

I choose Guile because it is one of main parts of the GNU project,
which means it *will* continue becoming better and better in time.

I also love Scheme because I like its simplicity and philosophy.
I want to use what I love, not the one that already exists,
especially about programming language and text editor, which are
indispensable for my life :)