Re: Glade with Guile Emacs

Keisuke Nishida <kxn30@po.cwru.edu> writes:

>   (define main-window (glade-create "widget-name1"))
>   (define some-button (glade-create "widget-name2"))
>
>   (gtk-container-add main-windw some-button)
>
> If this is possible, I guess I could write such a Guile Emacs
> interface that makes effects on those widgets dynamically
> whenever people evaluated a gtk function.  (Just type `M-C-x'
> on the expression to add a button to the window!)
>
> If this becomes possible, I guess it will help people a lot.

That is because people often want to design a dynamic GUI and
test it efficiently.  We can do the "within-Emacs" design/test
routine for Elisp programs, but will also do it for GNOME/GTK+
programs by using Guile Emacs.  That's why I think Guile Emacs
is so sweet and want to build it as soon as possible.