Re: Emacs with Guile

> From: Per Bothner <per@bothner.com>
>
> Keith Wright <kwright@gis.net> writes:
>
> > Is this a serious question?  OK, the answer is: almost always.
> > I program robots, who installs a web browser on a robot?
>
> Is this a serious answer?  How many people need to telnet in
> from a robot?

Well, I wasn't in a real grim mood, but I meant to be saying
something basically true.  Maybe I am totally out of context;
I wasn't talking about telnet, I was talking about sitting right
in front of computer built into a rack of equipment.  X-windows
is not installed.  In normal operation a CRT screen is useless
clutter, but sometimes you need to get in and twiddle things.

> Then why are they running emacs over telnet?  Do the robots
> check their email using gnus?

Any telnet'ing generally is _to_ not _from_ the robots.
Some of them still run DOS.  Email is irrelevant.

But there is enough traffic on this list right now, so I will
read quitely for a while.  Keep up the good work.

--
     -- Keith Wright  <kwright@free-comp-shop.com>

Programmer in Chief, Free Computer Shop <http://www.free-comp-shop.com>
         ---  Food, Shelter, Source code.  ---