Re: Various stuff

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@eazel.com> writes:

> After 1.4 is released, we should try to have 1.4.x releases
> that contain only bug fixes and changes that are completely
> backward-compatible at the Scheme and C levels. This may be a pain to
> manage, but Guile is getting used widely enough now that we need to
> consider the issue of providing a stable development platform.

In this case, we should be very careful with releaseing 1.4 too soon.
I think it is important to do the systematic revision of the
interfaces we've been talking about.  Currently, much of the Guile
interfaces are of an arbitrary hackish character, with very little
thought behind.  It would be really sad if this was permanented.