Re: popen behavior - interactive processes

Allister MacLeod <listopad@mv3d.com> writes:

> I just keep ending up with zombies to feed to waitpid.  Maybe I'm
> misunderstanding the way move->fdes works, but when I replace the loop
> with :

Without checking your code exactly: after closing the connection to
the child process you should use (waitpid child-pid) to obtain the
exit code of the child.

> I guess the real question is, am I even looking in the right place?
> Is it conceivable that an interactive process can be spawned this way?
> If not, is there some other way that's better?

I remember that someone (Jim Blandy?) posted a complete process
communication on this list some time ago.

Yours, Nico.