Re: SCM_BIGDIG

Dirk Herrmann <dirk@ida.ing.tu-bs.de> writes:

> The whole numbers.c is a mess.  So why not, for a start, assume that
> BIGNUMS will always be used?  I was trying to look at some of the errors
> I reported in my last mail, but soon got lost in a maze of #ifdefs.
>
> Is there any official position about it?

Yes.

As soon as GOOPS has been merged into Guile (which will happen after a
few changes to GOOPS + release of GOOPS-1.0), numbers.c will be
modularized: different functions will handle operations for different
types, and different types will be supported by different compilation
units.

I did recently eliminate the SINGLES and FLOATS #ifdef's, but the
BIGNUMS #ifdefs could give some support during the upcoming
modularization.