Question about ports

Hi,

I've just started embedding guile in a MUD that I'm writing.  What
I really want to do is make the scheme interpreter accesible over the
network.  After I've gotten a scheme command from a connection and have
called gh_eval_str(command), I want to be able to package the return value
into another char* so I can ship it back over the network...

In addition I'd like to be able to make it so all calls to display and it's
like are echoed back to the correct network connection.  I want a single
global scheme interpreter for all users.  Actually only users of the
correct acces get this, but that's really an unecessary detail.

Also, since this may be a problem: I'm using socket++, so I have no direct
access to the file descriptors.  I would prefer that all output from the
scheme interpreter is put in a char* so that I can send it out myself.
This includes calls to display and displaying return values of function calls.

I'd appreciate any help I can get.  I've tried reading ports.[hc], but I'm
really at a loss.  It seems more confusing than all the guile source code I've
read so far. :)

--
Craig