Using SCM_DEFINE

From playing with the rewrite of xguile, I have found a few minor problems with SCM_DEFINE
and the associated tools. They are not show stoppers, but niggles.

1) The numbers of arguments have to be on the first line of the macro; you must not put a line
break in. I suspect a tiny change in one of the awk scripts could fix this.
2) All the doc strings eventually have to be packed into guile-procedures.txt. This is a pain
for add-ons; for now it means I can only get the doc-strings in the build directory, or if I
modify the installed file under /usr/local/. Should c-code libraries have their own place to
put the strings?
3) Wacky idea that will be shouted down. The docstrings have a sort of prototype for the
scheme code; is there anything cute that can  be done using this information to provide
something like introspection? This is off the edge of what I understand, but in some
sense tools could find out somthing about the calling sequence. IDE anybody?

Julian Satchell
<satchell@dera.gov.uk>