This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Guile project.
make (oop goops describe) show docstrings
- To: guile at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: make (oop goops describe) show docstrings
- From: Kalle Olavi Niemitalo <tosi at stekt dot oulu dot fi>
- Date: 30 Apr 2000 16:55:36 +0300
- References: <87zoqdgvp7.fsf@PC486.Niemitalo.LAN> <email@example.com> <877ldgrc8y.fsf@PC486.Niemitalo.LAN> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Keisuke Nishida <email@example.com> writes:
> Kalle Olavi Niemitalo <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > OW! I spent the last few hours implementing a generic
> > `describe-object' with methods for procedures, macros and generic
> > functions... until I noticed GOOPS has had the functionality all
> > the time:
> > I guess I'll use that instead... except `describe' doesn't show
> > documentation strings. What would be the best way to add them?
> I think we'd better modify the file goops/describe.scm so that it
> merges ice-9/doc.scm, though I'm not sure if GOOPS supports docstrings.
Methods can have them:
guile> (define-method (fool x) "Return x" x)
guile> (generic-function-methods fool)
(#<<method> (<top>) 40310490>)
guile> (procedure-documentation (method-procedure (car (generic-function-methods fool))))
> Once `describe' comes to display enough information, we can redirect
> the output to the Emacs buffer.
> Maybe we should discuss this part in the guile mailing list.
Here we go...