Re: Removing things from numbers.h

On Wed, 10 May 2000, Dirk Herrmann wrote:

> We have a debugging option SCM_DEBUG_DEPRECATED, which will not define
> deprecated things if set to 1, i. e. developers can figure out if they are
> using deprecated stuff.  If set to 0, deprecated things will get
> defined.  The default value for this option should be 1, i. e. people
> using deprecated stuff will have to activate them explicitly.

I played a little cut-and-paste with configure.in.  The following solution
came out as a result, but I hope that there is a better way to do it:

AC_ARG_ENABLE(debug-deprecated,
  [  --disable-debug-deprecated  Don't omit deprecated code for debugging],
  if test "$enable_debug_deprecated" = n; then
    enable_debug_deprecated=no
  fi)

if test "$enable_debug_deprecated" = no; then
  enable_debug_deprecated=0
else
  enable_debug_deprecated=1
fi;

AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(SCM_DEBUG_DEPRECATED, $enable_debug_deprecated,
  [If 1: don't include deprecated code to help get rid of references to it.])

Best regards
Dirk Herrmann