Announcing 'Lisp Abstracted Markup Language' for guile.

I have today announced a new version of LAML on comp.lang.scheme and
comp.lang.lisp. The new version is now also ported to guile on solaris-7.
(It should be relatively staightforward to port it to to other operating
systems on other platforms, such as Linux). Therefore I also post this
announcement on this mailing list. Here is the posting on the news group:

With this I want to announce version 14 of LAML. Earlier versions have been
announced on comp.lang.scheme.

LAML is a Scheme-based package for generation of HTML pages from a Scheme
source, and for CGI programming in Scheme.  LAML means 'Lisp Abstracted
Markup Language'. The idea is to use Scheme as a markup language instead of
HTML or XML. With this a document with markup in reality becomes a Scheme
program.  Processing the file f.laml will - in the simple cases - give a
file f.html. In more complicated situations a number of different html files
can be generated.

LAML provides a language-homogeneous solution within the functional
programming paradigm, as a contrast to PhP or ASP in which imperative
programs are mixed with SGML-like markup.  We find that the functional
paradigm is very attractive compared with the imperative paradigm in the
HTML application domain; This is mainly because of the natural composition
of function calls in the functional paradigm which matches the nesting of
HTML elements in a WWW document.

Here are a number of relevant URLs to more information about LAML:

The LAML Home Page:

  * http://www.cs.auc.dk/~normark/laml/

where you will find a number of papers on LAML and a number of links.

The LAML Software page

  * http://www.cs.auc.dk/~normark/scheme/index.html

with download possibilities, all the software and extensive documentation.
If you download the LAML zip file you should bring up the index.html file in
your WWW browser.

If you want to read about my motivation for creating LAML please see

  * http://www.cs.auc.dk/~normark/scheme/laml-motivation.html

Version 14 features a variety of improvements:

  * Completion of a very accurate mirror of HTML in Scheme.
  * Support of CSS attribute side by side with HTML attributes.
  * Useful browsers for LAML and Scheme.
  * Now available for MzScheme, SCM, and Guile.
  * and much more...

Please take a look at all the news at
  * http://www.cs.auc.dk/~normark/scheme/change-logs/news-14.html

I appreciate any feedback about LAML from you.

Kurt Nørmark
Department of Computer Science
Aalborg University, Denmark.

normark@cs.auc.dk