Re: librep's indirect threaded bytecode interpretter

    Michael> karlheg@bittersweet.inetarena.com (Karl M. Hegbloom) writes:
    >> Any chance that a similar byte code machine for Guile will ever be
    >> implemented?  I would really like Guile to be that quick.

    Michael> would you like to volunteer?  the only chance for something to be done
    Michael> is somebody willing to do it.

 That's a long way off, I'm afraid.  I do not have the skills it would
 require at this point in time.  I don't fully understand Guile yet.
 After a several months break from it, I'm back to my Lisp/Scheme
 studies again...  I'm reviewing right now, and soon will be moving
 forward again with "Structure and Interpretation of Computer
 Programs", "Lisp in Small Peices" and "Essentials of Computer
 Languages" (MIT), amoung others.  There's quite a lot left for me to
 learn.

    >> They also have a module system that is probably worth having a look
    >> at.

    Michael> it looks very much like the Scheme48 one, doesn't it?

 That's what it says.  I don't know how it works yet.  I'm a newbie.