Re: Suggestion: new snarf macro set

On 22 May 2000, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

>  I suppose that an XML format would be neat... or whatever markup, and
>  it could have a tag that says insert the formatted docstring to this
>  thing <here>, and the formatter or display program could then start a
>  Guile (or just be running in guile...) and that could do the work.

Right.  Up to now the docstrings are a wild mixture of different
documentation styles.  In the long term we need the possibility to
indicate manual sections, crossreferences etc.

>  When I get around to it, perhaps I'll grep the lists (and scwm list?)
>  for things about this.  What else might I read?

There are a couple of scheme markup languages out there.  LAML comes to my
mind, since it was announced recently on this list, but there are
others.  I haven't looked at any of them but I personally think a scheme
style markup would be cool, given that we can generate other formats from
it.

Best regards
Dirk