Re: Suggestion: new snarf macro set

On 25 May 2000, Mikael Djurfeldt wrote:

> So, while the Guile maintainers are strongly dedicated to cleaning up
> Guile's interface, this is not the time to do it.  Right now, we need
> to focus on those major things that will complete Guile's first phase
> of development:
>
> * Guile reference manual

However, in order to do this, we somehow have to extend the current
documentation mechanisms.  Currently, to name a single example, we cannot
document generic functions, since there is no snarfing macro which allows
us to do so.  While I was restructuring functions in numbers.c I more than
once _wanted_ to add documentation, but the snarfing macros didn't allow
me to.

Another question is:  Didn't the snarfing macros change anyway between the
last release and now?  I think in 1.3.4 there were no macros for
documenting functions anyway, so we are not backwards compatible anyway
with respect to these.

Best regards
Dirk