Re: Unwanted hook names (was Re: interface reductions)

Dirk Herrmann <dirk@ida.ing.tu-bs.de> writes:

> Since the implementation of scm_create_hook is easy with object
> properties, I think it can be accepted that an application which likes
> this for convenience reasons can provide such a thing for itself.  There's
> no need to put this in libguile.

Hooks are important and common enough that it should be easy to create
them from the application.  Thus, scm_create_hook is a service
libguile should provide, in my view.  It should abstract the actions of

1. creating the hook
2. giving it a name
3. creating a Scheme level binding for it

Because of 3, the interface may have to change when the environments
and module system is introduced because of the question: In which
module should the binding be created?