Re: Unwanted hook names (was Re: interface reductions)

On 27 May 2000, Keisuke Nishida wrote:

> I think it is okay to give names to procedures, macros, hooks, and some
> others by default without enabling the debug flag.  If one really does
> not want to do that, one can do that by not using the standard macro.

Maybe you're right:  It would make sense for the snarfer macros since
there it is known that a C level binding will be created.  I'm just a
little bit skeptical if it wouldn't add a lot of stuff to the heap while
still being used very seldomly.  This may be a stupid concern.  However,
it might make sense to offer this as a startup-time option (we could use
the already existing --debug command line flag).

  guile --debug    use debugging evaluator, backtraces and object names.

So, no need to recompile to enable this feature.

Best regards
Dirk