Re: GC interface (was Re: Scheme hooks <-> C hooks)

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:

> 2. Should it be possible to add C hook functions to Scheme level
>    hooks?
>
>    Keisuke says "is that really needed?".  (This is my interpretation
>    of what he means, although he talks about C hooks in his response.
>    Please correct me, Keisuke, if I'm wrong.)
>
>    In my response I of course got caught by the word "C hooks", and
>    responded to the question "is C hooks really needed", the answer
>    of which I would claim is "yes".
>
>    I'm not sure I know the answer to question 2.  Does someone else?

If "yes", then we could base Scheme hooks on C hooks and merge the
interfaces into one hook interface.  We could add a flag telling if it
is allowed to add Scheme hook functions.  This flag would be clear for
the GC hooks.

I'm not sure it's worth it, though.