Re: libguile major/minor versions

Jim Blandy <jimb@savonarola.red-bean.com> writes:

> > Is there a way for more to easily ascertain via a script the major and
> > minor version number of libguile, and not just the guile interpreter.
> >
> > I would like the debian rules file to be able to determine this so
> > that we can automate the building of snapshot images of the guile and
> > libguile packages.
>
> Doesn't the guile-config have some option that tells you things like this?

It tells me the guile version (guile-config --version), but not the SO
version for libguile, which is what I need.

That also would give me the installed version, which is not the same
as the version being built.

the CVS version of guile on the head is making a libguile.so.8.0.0

I have only found one place in Makefile.am that says that has the
digit 8.

libguile_la_LDFLAGS = -version-info 8:0 -export-dynamic

If this is the only place we track the libguile so version at, then
I'll have to try and snarf it from there.  I was hoping tho that there
was something in GUILE_VERSION or elsewhere that would be a little
safer adn easier to parse out.

--
Craig Brozefsky               <craig@red-bean.com>
Lisp Web Dev List  http://www.red-bean.com/lispweb