Re: autogen.sh issues

Jim Blandy <jimb@savonarola.red-bean.com> writes:

> > ACDIR=`aclocal --print-ac-dir`
> >
> > if [ -f $ACDIR/guile.m4 ]; then
> >     aclocal;
> > else
> >     aclocal -I .;
> > fi
>
> I think the behavior we want is for aclocal to always use the .m4
> files in the source tree, and never the installed files.  I think it's
> a bug that aclocal doesn't permit shadowing of this sort.  It makes it
> impossible to do the kind of thing that Guile is trying to do, doesn't it?

I had JUST come to the same conclusion 45 seconds ago when looking at
the patches Roman Hodak gave me for m68k "stubs" in qthreads.m4.

It appears that aclocal will die in that situation.  There are
workarounds, but they would suck.  The real solution is modding
aclocal.

The workaround would be to copy all he files in the acdir to some temp
dir, copy your qthreads and guile m4 files into it, and then invoke
aclocal with it's acdir set to the temp dir.  Rinse when done.

--
Craig Brozefsky               <craig@red-bean.com>
Lisp Web Dev List  http://www.red-bean.com/lispweb