Re: patch for m68k thread support (sorta)

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:

> But apart from that, I think 3 is an excellent reason, especially that
> part about "braindead".  :)
>
> Seriously now, I apologize that you have received no response.

It's quite alright, it was in the transitional period.

> We cannot insert defunct functions into libqthreads.  That would cause
> strange behaviour when the user tries the threading functions.  Even
> worse, some packages using Guile might handle things differently since
> they think libguile is compiled with thread support, and will not work
> at all if the support in libqthreads is not real.
>
> (I hope I understood the problem correctly.)
>
> The correct solution in this case is probably to change the debian
> rules not to supply the --with-threads option.

I agree with this solution and will implement it right away.  BTW, my
hope is to have all the Debian build stuff in before the next release
so that we an actually distribute test version as .debs.  But don't
let it hold anything up.  It would just be "nice".

--
Craig Brozefsky               <craig@red-bean.com>
Lisp Web Dev List  http://www.red-bean.com/lispweb