Re: Scm_sloppy_assq mostly fixed, still real slow

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> writes:

> if the suggestive name does what it suggest, scm_permament_object.

It does.

> What is protection by bindings?  Sorry for my ignorance.

Sorry for being unnecessarily abstract: being stored in a variable.

> > How do you use these functions in Lilypond?
>
> Typically upon construction(or soon thereafter)/destruction of C++
> objects that are stored as SCMs.

What determines when they die?

Is there some data structure where they are stored until they die?

If so, maybe you could make sure that everything in that data
structure is protected?

> Of course, you're more than welcome to have a look at
>
>     ftp://ftp.cs.uu.nl/pub/GNU/LilyPond/development/lilypond-1.3.59.tar.gz
>
> or thereabouts.

Yeah, I've wanted to look at LilyPond for so long now.  It's a shame
that I haven't.  (I've actually once been an organist with ladie's and
children's choirs and everything.  :)

Best regards,
/mdj