Re: [Q] (newbie here) Guile as an extention language.

From: thi <ttn@revel.glug.org>
Subject: Re: [Q] (newbie here) Guile as an extention language.
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 08:06:08 -0700

> i don't see the lack (in GNU emacs, at least).  when i edit foo.scm,
> symbols `and', `lambda', `define', etc. are in a different color.

...from ordinary functions, right?

[ actually, in my message i was referring to lisp-interactive-mode w/
regard to a lack (iirc, something that's a function in one lisp may be
a special form in another...i didn't necessarily see this reflected in
the syntax highliting) and not scheme-mode, but that's peripheral to
the main point, which is: ]

they do appear to be in different colors ;-)  but...

looking through some of my local source code, i see that:

  `define`, `let', `lambda', `cond', `case', `for-each', `begin',
  `define-module', `else', `define-syntax'

are in one color, but:

  `set!'

is in another color (the same as w/ ordinary functions).  i though
`set!' was a special form.

  http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/wilson/schintro/schintro_17.html#SEC17

says it is.  perhaps this is just a bug?  or am i missing something?
should i be using a different mode?

what about macros?  at least in lisp-interactive-mode, they don't
appear to receive different coloring in my environment.  i tried using
`define-syntax' to define a macro but when i used the name of the
macro, i didn't see its color change.

btw, i'm using the scheme-mode that comes w/ emacs version 20.7.2.