Re: continuation and multi-threading

Miroslav Silovic <silovic@zesoi.fer.hr> writes:

> Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:
>
> > > If this works, I don't think I have to do anything special - just to
> > > implement a few additional VM instructions.  Why do I need to break
> > > the stack into frame objects?
> >
> > Don't ask me.  :)
>
> Because that way you can get continuations to perform -fast-. :)

I'm all for fast continuations and see their value.  I said don't ask
me only because I don't know anything about Keisuke's VM---*yet* ;-)

As I said in a previous response to Keisuke, in some VM designs, it is
possible to do something which is more efficient than stack copying.

Do you understand Keisuke's VM well enough to say that breaking the
stack into frames would be a viable solution?  (I ask this because I'm
interested, not because I want to put you on slippery ground.)

Can you describe the gain of doing this?