Re: Code compiling (marshalling?)

Ian Bicking <ianb@colorstudy.com> writes:

> I was wondering if anyone has thought about a semi-compiled form for
> Guile code, like Python does with .pyc files.  That is, something that
> is faster to load than normal code, but contains all the information
> (i.e., expresses Guile's internal representation of code).

Correct me if I am wrong but I think that currently this is called
"memoized" code.  Hmm, not quite, because the in the current evaluator
the memoization phase also links the code into the adress space.  For
example converting symbols to glocs clearly belongs to the link phase.

But anyway, in the past I mesured guile + environments against guile +
a patch that can load memoized code and found that with the current
evaluator loading memoized code isn't worth it.

Jost