Re: I want to help the guile project

hjstein@bfr.co.il (Harvey J. Stein) writes:

> Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:
>
>  > Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:
>  >
>  > > * Port the pattern-matching facilities (`match-case' and
>  > >   `match-lambda') from bigloo:
>  > >
>  > >     http://kaolin.unice.fr/bigloo/Doc/bigloo.html#SEC55
>  >
>  > Sorry, this was stupid.  A better idea is to prepare Andrew
>  > K. Wright's pattern matcher library as a Guile module.
>
> How do the two differ?

Bigloo provides `match-case' and `match-lambda'.

Wright's matcher provides the same (but `match-case' is named `match')
plus more.

After a superficial look, it seems to me that the pattern language in
Wright's matcher is at the same more elegant and more powerful (and I
don't want to use the keyword `kwote'! :-).

Then, I generally have a very high respect for Andrew K. Wright and
his matcher seems to be of a later date.

(Bigloo's matcher could be faster, though, since it's generated from a
 partial evaluator.)