Re: Guile and XML : what's the status?

Serguei Panskikh <spanskikh@sectorbase.com> writes:

> Has anybody already start any kind of XSLT/Guile project?

What would be the benefit of implementing yet another XSLT processor?
Maybe it would be rather easy to do it in Scheme due to certain
characteristics of XSLT, but I see XSLT processors as tools to process
XML and XSL files, not as libraries.  So I don't care what language it
is written in, as long as it does what the specs say.  Do you want to
integrate an XSLT parser within a Guile program?

> Is there any experience in usage Guile for XML parsing?

Not very much.  http://www.thbz.cx/mixp is a simple interface to
expat, which implements an API in the spirit of SAX.  As Olivier says,
there are limitations (no validation, no DTD parsing, bugs...)

> Are there any plans about XML and Guile?

The most useful thing to do with regard to XML in Guile would probably
be to implement a DOM and a (validating) SAX parser, for example by
interfacing with libxml.  A few days ago, Ian Grant said here that he
was thinking about that.  My own plans are currently more related to
XML than to Guile...

--
Thierry Bézecourt