Re: Win32 port

On Tuesday, 29 August 2000, David Vrabel writes:

> >     http://appel.dyndns.org/lilypond/gnu-windows/tar/
> >
> > Problems include let-*, and regex stuff.
>
> I believe that the latest Cygwin stuff has POSIX regex stuff in

That's what I thought and tried.  Using an external regex header,
I could get it linked, but it didn't work.  Tell me how you do it!

> it.  Otherwise use rx or regex from
>    ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/regex
>    ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/rx

Of course.  I tried both.  As you could have seen at the url above,
I'm currently using regex, as that works a bit.  But it still fails
in some cases.  I'd like to hear from you (esp. your config.status)
if you get it to work.

> > Btw: we'd rather you say 'Windows32'.
>
> The name of the API is Win32 so that seems a resonable name.

Maybe you've been brainwashed?

Greetings,

Jan.

--