Re: insight/50

The following reply was made to PR insight/50; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Fernando Nasser <fnasser@cygnus.com>
To: ddavies@pahv.xerox.com, insight-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com,
        nobody@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: insight/50
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 14:51:14 +0000

 http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=50&database=insight

 The problem you describe in this PRS is not related to Insight.  You are having
 problems trying to build a gdb (Insight is just the GUI for GNU gdb) on a native
 Windows32 environment.

 I only build gdb under Cygwin, the Red Hat Linux-like environment emulated on a
 Windows machine (it is used to debug other programs that are also built under
 Cygwin).  I, myself, cannot help you with native Win32 builds, but you may find
 someone who know in the gdb list    gdb@sources.redhat.com

 W.r.t. adapting the GUI to another debugger, this is not currently possible.
 The GUI is an integral part of the gdb code and they share a very symbiotic relation.

 --
 Fernando Nasser
 Red Hat Canada Ltd.                     E-Mail:  fnasser@cygnus.com