Re: insight/40

The following reply was made to PR insight/40; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Fernando Nasser <fnasser@cygnus.com>
To: insight-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: insight/40
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 17:24:08 +0000

 http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=40&database=insight

 Yes, the code was the same in my copy of the source.  However, I found that
 the variable inferior_process_group had a value of zero when child_stop was
 entered.  Thus child_stop was calling kill(0, SIGINT), and killing all the
 processes on my system, including the debugger and X istelf!  Through trial
 and error I found that the variable inferior_pid appears to be set up
 correctly with the pid of the debugee, hence I changed the child_stop
 function to call kill (inferior_pid, SIGINT), and that seemed to work fine
 for debugging a console application.  Sorry if my bug report was confusing!
 The real problem seems to be with inferior_process_group being set to zero
 for some reason.

 -Ken.

 --
 Fernando Nasser