insight/18: SNavigator loses changes made to file when another file is opened!

michael_cardenas@deneba.com michael_cardenas@deneba.com
Fri Feb 4 14:33:00 GMT 2000

>Number:         18
>Category:       insight
>Synopsis:       SNavigator loses changes made to file when another file is opened!
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Fri Feb 04 14:33:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     michael_cardenas@deneba.com
>Release:        20000127
Opening a file from the symbol window causes any changes in the current file to be lost, without warning!
>How-To-Repeat:
1. Make some changes in a file with the snavigator editor(i.e. do half an hour of coding).
2. Open another file by double clicking it in the symbols window.

result: the new file is opened, but without warning, any changes made to the file you were working in are gone! Your work is lost! This is a huge mistake here. Even if I turn off the reuse preference and a new window comes up, the old document scrolls to the top and the changes are gone, as if the file was reloaded from scratch!