This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Insight project.
insight/87: SIGPWR generated when in window mode and thread created
- To: insight-gnats at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: insight/87: SIGPWR generated when in window mode and thread created
- From: sebastien dot jean at cis dot canon dot com
- Date: 14 May 2001 00:51:38 -0000
- Reply-To: sebastien dot jean at cis dot canon dot com
>Synopsis: SIGPWR generated when in window mode and thread created
>Arrival-Date: Sun May 13 17:53:00 PDT 2001
>Originator: Sebastien Jean (Canon Information Systems)
>Release: Insight/GDB 5.0
Mandrake Linux using 2.4 kernel
When insight is run and a thread is created, the GUI generates a SIGPWR signal/fault and terminates. If GDB is run without the window (-nw), then everything is fine. Code was added to the application first to ignore, then to trap that signal. It is not being generated by the application being debugged.
Write a small application, use pthread_create with the default options.
None so far. Use DDD or some other graphical debugger.