This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Insight project.
insight/91: should be possible to run insight in the background
- To: insight-gnats at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: insight/91: should be possible to run insight in the background
- From: tromey at redhat dot com
- Date: 15 May 2001 17:48:38 -0000
- Reply-To: tromey at redhat dot com
>Synopsis: should be possible to run insight in the background
>Arrival-Date: Tue May 15 10:53:00 PDT 2001
>Originator: Tom Tromey
Right now it isn't possible to run insight in
the background. That's because gdb tries to
manipulate the controlling terminal, which causes
it to hang.
I think when the GUI is activated we should somehow
tell gdb not to expect a controlling terminal.