Re: insight/184: build fails at WINDRES step

The following reply was made to PR insight/184; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Rolf Berg" <Rolf.Berg@visitech.no>
To: <kseitz@sources.redhat.com>,
	<insight-gnats@sources.redhat.com>,
	<insight-prs@sources.redhat.com>,
	<BrianMcGinley@BiometricSolutions.com>
Subject: Re: insight/184: build fails at WINDRES step
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 16:34:00 +0100

 Hi,

 I experienced the same problem as Brian McGinley described.

 Could the problem have anything to do with handling of newline?
 The error code made me suspect it is an alignnment problem in the file.
 I noticed that the cursor5e.cur contained the DOS sequence for
 linefeed, 0xd 0xa. By replacing this with the Unix sequence, 0x0a,
 the file compiled. I did the similar patch to the other .cur files that
 failed.

 After some struggling with other, unrelated problems, I was able to get the
 gdb up
 and running. (I have not been able to test it against any target yet, due to
 lack of HW)

 Note that this is just a suggestion, I don't have much knowledge of  .cur
 file and WINDRES,
 so the suggested changes may have disastreous side effects.

 regards,
 Rolf Berg