Re: Canadian builds of Insight.

Jim Ingham wrote:
>  Brendan Simon wrote:
>  > BTW: I compiled with egcs-1.1.2 and there are TONS of warnings.  I feel
>  > real uncomfortable when projects compile with warnings.  Do the GNU
>  > projects have policies regarding warning free code ?
>  >

> No doubt, Gdb still has way too many warnings.  These crept up over
> time when we were not being vigilant.  We are slowly working to fix
> all the warnings; this is a side project particularly of Andrew
> Cagney's, who has managed to fix quite a few already.  If you want
> to pitch in and whack a few yourself, that would be great :-)

FYI, I've successfully compiled GDB using the configury:

	--enable-build-warnings=\
-Werror\
,-Wreturn-type\
,-Wcomment\
,-Wtrigraphs\
,-Wparentheses\
,-Wpointer-arith\

Not much but it is at least a start. Last time I looked at it I was
actually stumbling across warnings in included header files found in the
readline directory  Since Elena has upgraded readline to 4.0 those
problems are hopefully fixed.

	Andrew