Re: A font size patch for large screens.

Moses,

 > A buddy of mine has a PowerBook, those are sweet machines. Only problem
 > is they get to hot for my lap (yee-ouch).

Yeah, this was true for a while.  They did something slick in the OS
going from 8.5 to 8.6 to reduce power consumption and temperature.
The PowerBook running MacOS 8.6 is pretty comfortable, though it was a
bit toasty under 8.5.  If you are running LinuxPPC, you had better
just put it on a table...

The newer Bronze ones are supposedly lots cooler.

 > Yeah, font sizes are always a pain. A size of 16 looks great on my
 > Linux box but is it flat out wrong on other systems. As long as
 > the default is "close", thats all I care about. The current default
 > of 9 is unreadable on my system.
 >
 > > Thanks for the patch.  The idea is great, but I don't think the
 > > algorithm is quite right, however.  I think the laptop case is an
 > > extreme example of many pixels + small physical size.  I have a Sun
 > > display at 1280x1024, and 16 is way too big a font for the default.
 > > 14 is okay, though a bit on the biggish side, 11 is really pretty
 > > good, though 9 is definately too small.
 >
 > Change away. I would love to test out any new algo.

Okay, I'll fool around with this when I get half a mo', I am pretty
busy right now.

Jim