Re: insight gdb all messed up...

Joseph,

Sorry, there is not enough in your message to go on, so I can't help
that much...  If you actually want help, you have to send a recipe that
I can follow that leads to bad behavior, and then describe the
behavior.  Just saying it is broken is useless...  You also have to
tell me what your host & targets are, etc...

 > ok. first calling the main executable gdb is messed up..

Messed up how?

 > I had to change all of
 > my other debuggin scripts to add --nw... but I can get past that 1-1/2 minute
 > tcl programming job. but opening a source file with the 20000204 version just
 > doesn't work.
 >
 > (gdb) source main.c
 > main.c:1: Error in sourced command file:
 > Undefined command: "".  Try "help".

What are you trying to do here?  The gdb "source" command treats the
file you give it as a list of gdb commands:

(gdb) help source
Read commands from a file named FILE.
Note that the file ".gdbinit" is read automatically in this way
when gdb is started.

I doubt that main.c is a valid list of gdb commands...  If it is, you
write mighty strange C code...

To see source code in gdb, use the "list" command.

 > that is the error... to be precise. I love asm as much as the next guy, but
 > being able to see the C code can be helpfull. seeing as I debug c code. ;]
 > it seems to look for init.c as the code. I renamed main.c to init.c, and list
 > worked. But, when I tried to set a breakpoint with break. it broke.
 >
 > any ideas on something I might be doing wrong?
 >
 > thanks for this nice looking (although currently unusable) debugger.
 > I cant wait to get it running.
 >
 > PimpSmurf
 > a.k.a. Joseph Nicholas Yarbrough
 >
 > also... thought about adding a button to rebuild packages with make?

This is handled from the CodeFusion IDE, so we don't add it to
Insight.

Jim

--
Jim Ingham                                              jingham@cygnus.com