Re: gdb.gdbtk tests

Jimmy Guo wrote:

> >They are already available.  Either download the insight+dejagnu
> >snapshot or checkout the module ``insight''.
>
> Oh, I only extract gdb + dejagnu.
>
> >The ``GDB'' module doesn't include the gdb.gdbtk testsuites.  However,
> >given that it's pretty easy to end up with that directory, a more robust
> >test would be better.
>
> I don't know if there's any easy way to maintain the modules aliases to
> separate out the gdb.gdbtk test suite from mainline gdb tree.  As of
> 3/21 that's not the case (or I wouldn't see the test suite).  Keeping it
> in the tree would be fine provided that a better bypass than the current
> (let TCL complain about 'cd' failure and dump call trace).  For now,
> locally, I'm adding gdb.gdbtk to the skip list in site.exp.

At a technical level, yes it is possible.  The modules file and the
repository can be structured such that ``cvs co'' mix-n-matches a
collection of directories into a specific local structure. It was
considered when the GDB and binutils repositories were merged but
discarded as unnecessary at the time.

The relevant tests should be fixed.

	Andrew