Re: stack window

Tom,

I need more details.  In ordinary C code, the stack window works
fine...  I bet you have hit some error that didn't get caught.  Maybe
a source file not found error similar to the "pane5 doesn't exist"
error you saw earlier...

Some general diagnostic tricks: if you run with the console window
open, and it is hovering in the hourglass, go to the console, and
type:

tk gdbtk_idle

If this gives you back control, it means that you did get some error
that jumped over the point where the gui meant to call idle...  If you
can reproduce the error, then while it is still spinning, attach to it
with something like tkCon, and do:

set ::errorInfo

and see if that gives you any useful info...

On the lack of details.  What we found was that if you are doing
embedded development, then having all the arguments in the stack
window (I presume this is mainly what you want?) caused Insight to be
really slow at stepping, etc.  So we removed these.  The ultimate goal
is to redo the window so that each level of the stack has a little
exposure triangle that reveals the arguments.  That way, you could
progressively reveal those you were interested in.  At this point, it
would also be easy to add an option to open all the turndowns by
default, which you may or may not want for native development.

But, as you may be coming to expect now, we didn't have the time to
complete the advanced design, so you are left with what is there now.

Jim