Re: Using Insight with another version/build of gdb

Hari> Can I use Insight with another version of gdb?

No.

Hari> Does it take a --debugger command like ddd?

No.

Insight is integrated into the gdb core.  DDD works by communicating
with a separate gdb process.  IMNSHO, the Insight method is far
superior.

Hari> I have built gdb for different target (m68k-palmos-coff),
Hari> but want to use the Insight GUI. Can I do it?

Yes.  Rebuild your gdb using the Insight sources.

Hari> I didn't build m68k version from the Insight sources
Hari> and I won't be able to (since the patches are against
Hari> gdb-4.18)

Too bad.  You should work on integrating your gdb patches into the
main line.  That is the best thing for everybody.

Tom