Re: Insight on Windows NT w/cygwin

On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 02:54:26PM -0400, MWCruess@cs.com wrote:
>Thanks for the advice.  I was thinking that it must be something about
>the tcl code.  I did try building the whole thing from scratch with no
>optimization and the behavior was still odd (in the sense that the
>newly built gdb would just mysteriously exit, the gdb console window
>would print a message that the program exited normally.

I just fixed another problem in libgui.c which also resulted in the "silent
exit" behavior.  I'm waiting for approval on the checkin now.  I should have
this checked in shortly.

>I also saw some behavior in which it made a diference if I built a
>program from a directory I got to with "cd /usr/play" or
>"/cygdrive/d/usr/play".

Unfortunately, insight has always had only minimal ability to recognize
Cygwin paths.  This is due to the fact that the tcl and tk DLLs are 98%
pure Windows and only the bare minimum support for cygwin paths required
to search for things like init.tcl, etc.

cgf