Re: Insight TCL does not understand cygwin filenames

At 08:56 PM 6/9/00 -0400, Chris Faylor wrote:
>On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 01:57:06PM +0100, Tim Chick wrote:
> >When I compile a simple hello.c file with cygwin gcc,
> >say /src/test/hello.c
> >then try to debug this file with insight, I get a stack
> >trace, "could not stat file /src/test/hello.c"
>
>This has been recently discussed on the insight and cygwin mailing
>lists.  I will be uploading a new version of gdb to
>
>ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/cygwin/gdb
>
>sometime tonight.  It should rectify this problem.
>
>However, as I have just pointed out in another message, insight
>has never had the ability to open files based on cygwin paths
>when using a dialog box.

Basically, cygwin is another filesystem. Tcl right now supports three file
systems, unix, windows and macintosh. Making tcl understand cygwin is no
trivial undertaking, and means adding another file system. In addition, you
have to add it such that either windows native or cygwin always works.

Syd Polk		spolk@redhat.com
Engineering Manager	+1 415 777 9810 x 241
Red Hat, Inc.