Re: .gdbinit initialization and GUI...

Paul Breed wrote:

> >Simple. Using the target dialog, click the "more options" button to
> >reveal the hidden pane. The options here are the default actions taken
> >when the user presses the Run button. Simply turn off "Download" and
> >"Attach" and keep "Continue".
> This did not work.
> IT still brings up the target dialog when I hit run.
> Even though I've already connected to the target with the  script.

Doh! Yes, it will do that. This is another one of those GUI-command line
disconnect issues. We never did fix that properly...

On the other hand, now that I think about it, you don't really need to
put this sort of thing into a startup script -- the Insight GUI will
automatically attach, download, and start the program for you when you
press the Run button (depending on the settings in the Target Selection
Dialog). It will also remember these settings, so that the next time you
run the debugger, it will "do the right thing". Of course, when you
first the debugger, it will ALWAYS bring up the Target Dialog and ask
for your target, in case you intend to connect to a different target.
Are you trying to just bypass the dialog so that you never see it?