Re: How to embed path info into assembler sources?

Cal,

> This is an interesting problem. By default the m68k assembler produces
iee695
> files as output. These files would have the path information in them for
debug.
> If you are running a very old m68k assembler that produces coff output

I do not use MRI's assembler.
my assembler is a standard GNU binutils-2.9.1 as assembler (aka GAS).
It was targeted as --target=m68k-coff
The resulting executable is m68k-coff-as.exe
My sources ARE MRI-compatible.
As a matter of fact, I have to maintain this MRI compatibility because other
folks over here
still use MRI tools to build the project.

So the problem is with GAS.
GAS does not  incorporate path info into objects.
In comparison, gcc incorporates path info into intermediate *.s sources.
But it does it in native GAS format (.stabs). Apparently GAS in MRI mode
does not understand these stabs.

The question is how to incorporate pathinfo into the object file or into the
final abs file.