Re: How to embed path info into assembler sources?

Serge Nikulin wrote:

> So the problem is with GAS.
> GAS does not  incorporate path info into objects.
> In comparison, gcc incorporates path info into intermediate *.s sources.
> But it does it in native GAS format (.stabs). Apparently GAS in MRI mode
> does not understand these stabs.
>
> The question is how to incorporate pathinfo into the object file or into the
> final abs file.

One suggestion: use objdump to verify that the path info is not included
(or tell gdb to dump the symbol table, see "maint print symbols") and
verify that the pathnames are not there. If they're not (and there is
debug info), try assembling a file without "--mri" and repeating. If
it's still not, I suggest you ask someone on the binutils list (CC
gdb@sourceware.cygnus.com) and include all of the above info.

Sorry, I haven't done any assembler-specific work yet. :-(