Re: GDB/BDM and Insight.

Gus Paolone wrote:

> Hi All;
>
> I have patched GDB 4.18 with the BDM patches from Pavel Pisa and seems
> to be working well. I've also been using DDD as well with no problems.
> All this on Linux.
>
> Now I'd like to try it with Insight. Can anybody tell me how the Insight
> build can be patched with Pavel's BDM patches? Has anybody done this?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gus,

Insight = gdb + GUI code

I have no idea of what "Pavel's BDM" patches are, but it seems that they
apply only to the gdb part.  Maybe these patches change some of the gdb
commands
output but Insight is much less susceptible thah DDD to these changes.
I would say that you would have a good chance of applying the patches
and
using the Insight GUI.

The problem you may encounter is that the patches seem to be to gdb
4.18,
not gdb 5.0.  You'll probably will have to ask on the BDM list (?) if
someone
has a version of these patches that apply to the 5.0 version of gdb.

Good luck.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat Canada Ltd.